Sunday, February 19, 2012

Paranormal Activity 3 (2011)


I am a fan of the Paranormal Activity franchise and went to the theater opening weekend to see parts 1 and 2. I was excited about Part 3, but for some reason, not excited enough to go to the theater to see it. We rented paranormal Activity 3 the day it came out on Redbox and I was excited to watch it. I like scary movies but don't like to watch them alone. My teenage children were home so it was a good time to get "scared". This movie does a good job of explaining the origin of the "curse" and has some pretty scary parts in it. Overall, the actors do a good job. The younger Katie and Kristi actors are amazing, especially little Katie. She really makes her role believable. Before this movie I never really thought about camera angles and how they affect a film. But after watching Paranormal Activity 3, I noticed just how much camera angles and movement can affect the viewer. Some scenes were very suspenseful simply due to the way the camera was positioned/moving. There were a couple, ok a few...times when I screamed out loud or talked to the characters like they could actually her me. (Anyone else do that?) I will say this...There are a couple of scenes in the movie where I thought to myself, "I cannot believe the just did that to the little girl"...Some scenes push the envelope, but not too far in my opinion. Conclusion, this is a good movie and offers a few good scares with alot of suspense. But in my opinion, no sequel or prequel will ever outdo the original Paranormal Activity movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment